Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bloggity Boopity: Prologue

So what is to be accomplished through writing down my thoughts, some well-prepared and (hopefully) artfully crafted, some random and written slapdash, on this little blog? At this point, your guess is as good as mine. Of course, since this is Bloggity Boopity's inaugural post, "your" guess doesn't consist of much, since there's no "you" yet (and that's quite a tentative "yet").


I'm a busy person. Whenever I say that out loud, it always sounds a bit contrived and redundant. Who isn't busy? A lot of people, myself first and foremost, lament about being busy and never having much free time, but in the end I think that's what brings certain people happiness. I don't want too much free time because I know I'll spend it looking up every NBC Thursday night comedy in existence on Hulu (happiness in its own right) until I blink tiredly up from my laptop and it's 4 in the morning and I have a paper due in a few hours. Being on a rough, yet flexible schedule keeps me on my toes and more alert than it is my natural tendency to be.


So, Bloggity Boopity will be crammed into my schedule of classes at Rutgers University, rehearsal, recording, and shows with the Casey Bowen Band (the goings-on of which I promise not to inundate this site, unless, you know, 
it's interesting), running around town teaching piano lessons, and the ever-important family time and free time, which often seem to run parallel and jumble at intervals. Of course, most of what I do during class involves writing down tangential thoughts to something the professor said anyway, so now it'll be on a site for us to share. I hope you enjoy, are informed, entertained, confused, enlightened, enraged, whatever you'd like to be, but most of all, I hope you read. After all, why else would anyone write?


P.S. This blog's namesake, suggested by Matt Lauritsen (my co-illustrator and web designer), comes from the horrible misrepresentation of what Matt thinks it means to be Italian, as showcased by 
this clip from Family Guy. Although it's true that my grandmother has called me a "pazzo" (nutjob) on more than a few occasions.
"Tu sei un pazzo!

No comments:

Post a Comment